Coming of the Storm is the fifth mod released by Wolf Skevos-Jones (WSJ). It was released on May 20, 2004 and was an immediate success.
It featured an entirely new set of sounds, countless new sprites and textures, many of which would be used in many mods to come. Following in the steps of Eisenritter and Totenkopf, it featured outside levels, dungeons, laboratories and castle levels; and new innovations, such as level 11, which takes place in darkness and fog.
A sizeable section of paranormal-inspired levels are featured as well, taking place in a cave environment, or in the case of level 16, a cathedral environment of sorts.
19 new levels are featured, played in a heavily coded EXE based on registered Wolfenstein.
It is available in DOS and a port for LZWolf was made by Orka as well.
Towards the end of 2017 there was a short-lived attempt by Kloki38 trying to remake the mod in GZDoom. A demo followed the announcement but soon after it disappeared in the shadows and got withdrawn for unknown reasons.
- Download Coming of the Storm at The Wolfenstein 3D Vault
- Thread on DieHard Wolfers
- U-Rate-It poll at DieHard Wolfers
- Thread at Haven
- News at the Dome: MAY/JUN 2004
- Youtube videos: Lingyan203 SSGMaster LightningBoltForever AryanWolf3D Diehardwolferrr Tomasz "Gimper" Działowy GarrettChan YaGirlJuniper ZirBlazer
- ModDB page (LZWolf port)