It was released in December 2004 and was one of the most anticipated mods in Wolf modding history. Screenshots had been posted as early as 2003, and for quite a while a lot of people in the modding community were eager to see just what the pair had cooked up this time.
What was eventually released again took the modding scene by storm. A seemingly endless list of newly added features included textured floors and ceilings, weather effects, a fireball machine, a backpack, multiple new weapons, randomized spawning guards, a different set of levels if played on a certain skill (Challenge), switch operated pushwalls and many, many others.
The mapping is likewise of high quality, courtesy of AReyeP, and serves the engine well, as there are many mysteries and challenges therein; especially the secret levels.
An official SDL port has never been released, but one has been worked on by several people over time, including Kyle Albert and Andy Nonymous. It still features some bugs, most notably regenerating bosses.
- Download End of Destiny at AReyeP and MCS' Wolf 3D Add-ons & Total Conversions Page
- Unofficial SDL recreation at WolfSource
- EoD4SDL source code at WolfSource
- SDL beta release thread at DieHard Wolfers
- SDL release thread at DieHard Wolfers
- Support forum at DieHard Wolfers
- News at the Dome: NOV/DEC 2011 NOV/DEC 2010 NOV/DEC 2008 NOV/DEC 2007 NOV/DEC 2006 NOV/DEC 2004
- Youtube videos: Lingyan203 EoD Xmas Dae BigALittleARon Protokol Cateko TreeSapThief