Operation: Zusammenkunft is a mod for registered Wolfenstein, made by Chaos Software. It was released on October 6, 2001.
Essentially a showcase for all the capabilities of the people at Chaos Software, the mod features 5 levels and includes a handful of firsts in Wolfenstein 3D modding; shading and a death artifact, in addition to adding the ammo box from Spear of Destiny, a jukebox function in the menu, full screen mode and a fifth difficulty level.
Initially released as 4-level demo for shareware Wolfenstein on April 21, 2001 as a solo Philipp Luy effort, not featuring any source code changes, the mod was revamped and re-released as v1.0 in October 2001, though a full version was never released. The mod served more as a showcase than as an actual mod, though level design is pretty good and the mod played quite well for its time. The source code was released along with version 1.0.
The Philipp Luy version is playable in SDL as the EXE did not feature any coding changes.
[edit | edit source]
- Download Operation: Zusammenkunft (Version 1.0 at The Wolfenstein 3D Dome
- Download Operation: Zusammenkunft (April 2001) at The Wolfenstein 3D Vault
- Download Operation: Zusammenkunft (Philipp Luy solo effort, April 2001) at The Wolfenstein 3D Dome (archived)
- Thread at DieHard Wolfers
- News at the Dome: MAR/APR 2001 OCT/DEC 2001