Rise of the Robots was a mod that was announced by Wolf3d_boy (aka Ryan Steinbruner) in January 2004.
Only a handful of screenshots were released, and these included using hot wires instead of guns, shooting targets and a handful of new graphics.
New features were also listed. These included:
- Slow opening doors that stay open til you close them.
- Jet mode, for crazy speed.
- Training level, for target practice.
- Popups and help windows during the game.
- The Readthis on the menu with an all new storyline with detailed pictures.
- New fonts.
- 4 new weapons: 2 remotes, a pistol, and a hand-made stun-gun.
- 3 episodes: Rise of the Robots, Return of the robots, and Revenge of the Robots.
- All new music made by me and my good ol' midi keyboard.
- Robotic sound effects made with Cool Edit.
- Animated, moving, 3D objects.
- Talking humans and computers.
- And a very cool idea of mine that has never been done before.
No further news were heard on the project.